- Automatic Collection: Like most other websites, we use common internet technologies such as cookies and Web beacons to keep track of users’ interactions with the Site. This may include your internet protocol (IP) address, Referring website addresses, browser type and access times and mobile carrier or internet access provider.
- Volunteered: If you register with us, subscribe to or use downloadable software or web-based applications, fill out a profile page, purchase products or services, send us an email, or share personal information with us in any other way, we will collect and store whatever information you share. This obviously depends on what information you choose to provide but it may include your name, email address, or billing information. The collection of this information is part of regular business practices and is necessary in order to complete transactions and properly run and administer these services. You do not have to share this information with us, but without it you may not be able to access certain content or features or participate in certain areas of the Site.
- Publicly Posted: If you post information on public areas of the Site (or elsewhere on the internet) that information may be collected, stored and used by anyone, including us. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information that allows strangers to identify or locate you. Posting such information may result in unsolicited messages or contact from others, to say the least.
- Installation Numbers. X1 software products may use a system of authentication and identification during installation of the software and on an ongoing basis to confirm that the user of the X1 software products is an authorized licensee. This phone home functionality is used to authenticate the server or device utilizing the X1 Services.
- X1 Services. X1 Services do not transmit results of any raw data, indexes created, or searches conducted by the user back to X1. To be clear, your content indexed by X1 products, such as your email, documents, or social media is not accessed or provided back to X1. However, if you experience an error, the X1 Services will create log information for service and support purposes which you can optionally choose to send back to X1 and such log data may include information about a user’s profile, computer or device, indexing status, and search history.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use this information to provide you with better service. We will not sell your information or transfer your information to advertisers. Among other things, the information we collect enables X1 to:
- customize the content you see
- fulfill your requests for products and services and validate your user rights
- improve services
- contact and communicate with you
- conduct research and analysis
- provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients
- provide you with additional information we think is of interest to you
WHEN DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
- Anonymous Information. Anonymous information is information that does not identify you personally, like your IP address and Referring website addresses.
- All Information (Both Anonymous and Personally Identifiable). In certain circumstances, we may share information we have collected, including personally identifiable information. For example:
- We might share your personally identifiable information during due diligence or in preparation for or after a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation.
- Your personal information may be transferred to anyone who is helping us make the Site available and functional, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, other subcontractors, and our affiliates and consultants.
- We may disclose your personal information if permitted or required by law or is necessary to comply with the law enforcement or in response to a search warrant, subpoena or other legal process or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our users or business partners.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Site is not intended for children under age 13, or for anyone under age 18 without involvement of a parent or guardian. The Site includes unmonitored content posted by users and sourced from other third parties and as you can imagine, such content may be unsuitable for children. We do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under 13.
Information that X1 collects is stored on servers that X1 manages, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, X1 cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Sites and you do so at your own risk.
Your personal information may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state or country or to a jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that X1 processes and stores information in the United States and your use of our Site constitutes your consent to and understanding of this processing.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA UNDER GDPR
European Union Citizens have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal data that we keep about you, by making a request in writing to us. You can ask us to provide the data in a commonly used, machine readable format, and, where we are able, to transmit this data to another organization.
- Contact us, if you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, to have that data corrected.
- Contact us to ask us to stop processing your data, or withdraw consent where we are relying on consent as the legal basis for any processing of your data.
- Contact us to request that we delete your personal data.
- To lodge a complaint with the data protection authorities if you believe we have not complied with any applicable data protection law.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Or you can contact us by mail at:
X1 Discovery, Inc.
617 W 7th St, 6th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
In addition, if you wish to exclude your personal information from our direct marketing, or if you would like to update or delete your email address, mailing address or other personal information, or otherwise manage communications you receive from X1, please contact us at the above.
- Cookie : When you visit the Site, X1’s servers send a cookie (a small file with a string of characters) to your computer. Standing alone, cookies do not personally identify you but they recognize your individual web browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself to X1 (through an account or otherwise), you will remain anonymous to us. Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can disable your web browser’s ability to accept cookies. However, if you do so, certain features may not work.
- Web beacon : A web beacon is an electronic image on a web page that recognizes certain types of information on your computer when you visit that particular web page.
- IP address : An Internet Protocol Address is a numerical label that is assigned to each computer on the Internet.
- Referring website address : A referring website address identifies the address of the webpage you were on previously, before you came to the Site.
- Browser : A browser is a software application used for retrieving, presenting and traversing information resources on the World Wide Web.
REVISED: September 10, 2020