This Wednesday, October 8 at 1pm ET / 10am PT, X1 will host a very interesting webinar focused on “Enterprise Search That Actually Works.” In this session, we will look at how organizations can finally get to a point where employees are actually able to find what they are looking for in the mountains of digital information that exists. At the heart of this webinar is the idea that end-users are the key to successful search projects.
It is, after all, end-users that are searching for information all day, every day. Successful search initiatives must capture and please those end-users. But, IT projects tend to be pushed out from a central IT organization rather than “pulled” in by the end users. The result, in terms of enterprise search, was failed projects where a lot of money was spent, but users were still not able to find what they were looking for.
The good news is that there is a better way to approach enterprise search by focusing on the end-user and making “business productivity search” a priority. In this upcoming webinar, we will show you exactly how to deploy enterprise search in a way that works – making both IT and end-users happy. There are five main reasons you will not want to miss this webinar:
- A realistic case study from Capgemini. Marcus Stimler, Capgemini’s UK CTO, will join us and describe the challenges he addressed with X1 and how focusing on the needs of users drives the broader enterprise search strategy. Marcus will bring a pragmatic viewpoint from the trenches and is able to answer questions from those of you in a similar position wondering how to make enterprise search work.
- A demo-based approach to getting the point across. Sure, we will go through a couple of PowerPoint slides, but most of the webinar will feature an example of how to actually get buy-in from the end-users and provide them with a search tool that delivers productivity. And, we will show you how to extend outward from the end-user to address more and more enterprise repositories as needed.
- A chance to learn from and avoid the mistakes of the past. Those who don’t learn from the past are destined to repeat it – that’s why we will look at how traditional approaches to enterprise search did not work. More importantly, we will show you how to change those approaches to capture the end-users and make search work in a way that works for your organization’s IT environment.
- A new way to look at enterprise search. Too often, search is just another IT project and organizations miss the fact that search functionality can and should evolve. This webinar will focus on search as a journey that goes beyond the initial “project.” In fact, the Capgemini case study will be a perfect example of a search initiative that evolves – and does so from the core premise that end-users must be happy and able to easily find what they are looking for.
- A special thank you gift that will outline how to succeed with enterprise search. All attendees will be given an as-yet-unpublished paper on how to make enterprise search work. This paper will outline the mistakes to avoid and provide the strategic elements for effective business productivity search.
We hope you can join us for this webinar. It should be a fun hour and we like to keep it interactive by taking your questions throughout the webinar. Please register now if you haven’t already.